I was recently asked a wonderful question:
The tree offers a series of decision points that we must navigate if we are to deliver a story that gets the result we need.
In this particular case, the issue centred around a common problem, which was how to handle ‘the story' when key stakeholders don't agree with it. Do we ….
- Tell the same story regardless?
- Edit the story to accommodate that person (or those people) only?
- Ask someone else to present on our behalf?
- Create a separate story that deals with the ‘objector's specific concerns?
- Scrap the story and start again?
There are lots of alternatives, each of which might suit a different situation but none of which suit all.
Hence, the decision tree.
You can also download the decision tree here >>
I hope you find it useful.
PS – For those of you who have not yet joined one of our working sessions, please go to the session registrations tab on the main menu to do so. We'd love to do your work for with you!